Kitchen Extension Builders

Kitchen Extension Builders in London

Kitchen Extension are very common and popular in London for its terraced houses. Not many London’s homes have a side garage or space for a side extension, sometimes even those semidetached houses. The only way for a terraced house to be extended is into the garden – a rear extension or kitchen extension and by converting the roof space into a Loft Conversions.

Planning and Designing a Kitchen Extension

It is always advisable to employ an Architect, however, if the Kitchen Extension is simple in design and layout, it is not absolutely necessary, thus, you can make a small saving of few hundreds of pounds. We can draw an outlined plan for you, in 2D and 3D, using an architectural software.
kitchen extension design 2d

If the Kitchen Extension requires walls to be removed in order to make new openings, a Structural Engineer ( Civil Engineer) and Structural Calculations are needed.
structural calculation kitchen extension

Metal work or Metal Beams ( RSJs beams ) are needed for the structural work.
metal rsj beams kitchen extension

The technical Specifications are also important in order to give an accurate quote or estimate for the building works.
foundation specs kitchen extension

Planning Permission, Building regulations & permitted development for a Kitchen Extension

Before, homeowners could expand their property by a total of up to 70 cubic metres – or 50 cubic metres for a terraced house – before having to apply for planning permission. This allowance had to be divided up between any extensions and loft conversions. Anyone wishing to expand further was forced to apply for permission from their local council. Now, as well being able to have a loft conversion of up to 50 cubic metres without planning permission, families are free to build a two-storey extension stretching back 10ft from the rear of their house, with no limit to its total volume.

Building Regulations are needed regardless of Planning Consent. Before starting the work on the Kitchen Extension, the Building Control Department (from the Local Council) requires a Building Notice to be submitted, together with a fee ( between £300.00 and £600.00 ), three working days before the building works starts.

kitchen extension

Kitchen Extension Builders in London

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *